Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Readers Edge How Do You Create A Menacing Atmosphere- Without Having To Remind The Reader Every Other Sentence?

How do you create a menacing atmosphere- without having to remind the reader every other sentence? - readers edge

Here is a link to the first paragraph of my last article:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind ...

As you can see, I sometimes have problems with too descriptive, and have had very good responses to my last question, thank you all.

But what I know is, how can I create a threatening atmosphere, which permeates every aspect of the story always describe things to remember in a hostile manner or to the readers that is intended to build a little disturbing? I fear that, for example, described a scene in a smoky, very gothic, the reader forget the atmosphere has reached the end of chapters and paragraphs or so I keep a lot of descriptive work for me, you lose that ominowe rim.

In response to this situation? Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Try to focus on actions rather than merely describe the configuration. What is the character to do? Choose the appropriate verb, for example, instead of slipping to go. Slows down the pace with a long sentences, and then surprise the reader with a brief sentence in which something unexpected happens, then slowed down again. Add the occasional mysterious sound that stands in silence, for example, "drops", "running" from an "accident" and then silence. It helps if this sounds trivial issue, but they are extremely important later.

    Just a few ideas. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete